The National Archives is obliged to produce a number of statutory publications, including the annual Director’s Report and the report of the National Archives Advisory Council. We are also involved in the publication of reports on various projects undertaken by staff in the National Archives, who regularly contribute to academic and general publications.
- Director’s Reports, 1997–2016
- National Archives Advisory Council Annual Reports, 1990–2005 and 2011-2015
Section 21 of the National Archives Act provides for annual reports by the National Archives Advisory Council on the activities of the Council. The report is submitted to the Minister for Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, the minister with responsibility for the National Archives, who lays the report before each house of the Oireachtas. The report is then published on the website of the National Archives and the Houses of the Oireachtas.
The National Survey of Hospital Archives was undertaken by the National Archives between May 2014 and December 2015 with the objective of establishing the location, extent, content and condition of the archives of hospitals in the Republic of Ireland. The survey was made possible following a research resources in medical history award grant of €145,051 from the Wellcome Trust to the National Archives.
- Statute rolls of the Irish parliament, Richard III–Henry VIII edited by Philomena Connolly (Four Courts Press, 2002)
- Dublin 1911, edited by Catríona Crowe (Royal Irish Academy, 2011)
- The archives of the valuation of Ireland, 1830-65 by Frances McGee (Four Courts Press, 2018)