Doiciméad na Míosa do Bealtaine
No. 80 St Stephen’s Green – Iveagh House – has been the home of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade since May 1941. The original building was constructed in the 1730s. It was purchased by the Guinness family in 1856 and extensively remodelled to serve as their central Dublin residence. They donated it to the State in 1939 and it was renamed Iveagh House after the aristocratic title held by the family. May’s document selection curated by Dr John Gibney of the Royal Irish Academy’s Documents on Irish Foreign Policy series, explores some aspects of its history as the headquarters of the Irish foreign service.