There are many record series in the National Archives which are of relevance to genealogy and visitors intending to research their family trees will find the following sources of interest and assistance. The selected series descriptions are just a sample of the most frequently consulted genealogy sources and for a more comprehensive list of our records, please consult Archives held in the National Archives in the Research section.
- Census returns - 1901 and 1911 censuses online
- Tithe Applotment Books – Tithe Applotment Books online – and the Primary (Griffith) Valuation
- Wills and testamentary records
- Ireland-Australia transportation records (1791–1853)
- Estate records
- Private source records
- Parish records and marriage licences
Put our record collections in their geographical context using this Ordnance Survey map of Ireland.